A guest of the Kaiser, the plain story of a lucky soldier (1919)

fullscreen
Author: Gibbons, Arthur
Subject: World War, 1914-1918
Publisher: Toronto : J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; New York, R. M. McBride & company
Call number: SRLF:LAGE-209384
Digitizing sponsor: MSN
Book contributor: University of California Libraries
Collection: cdl; americana

Average Rating: 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: GregGg - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - October 22, 2012
Subject: My Grandfather
This is the story of my grandfather's harrowing experiences during the First World War, leading to his eventual capture and mistreatment as a prisoner of war. I believed there were only a very few copies of his book still in existence. I have one; my sister lost her copy in a house fire last year. My son discovered there is a reprint available on Amazon and with some more internet searching, I came to this site. I a very happy to see my grandfather's book surviving a century later, and still relevant in regards to the horrors of war.

Reviewer: notthemomma - 3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars - September 8, 2008
Subject: Arthur Gibbons
This is a very interesting story I have come across. as I have an uncle that is from England names Arthur Gibbons. As we well know this man is not my uncle , the story is interesting. I would like to know where i might could get a copy of this. As i would love to read more to see if he might be family history we do not know about.

Selected metadata

Copyright-evidence-operator: alyson-wieczorek
Copyright-region: US
Copyright-evidence: Evidence reported by alyson-wieczorek for item guestofkaiserpla00gibbiala on July 31, 2007: visible notice of copyright; stated date is 1919.
Copyright-evidence-date: 20070731184721
Scanningcenter: iala
Mediatype: texts
Collection-library: SRLF